As the summer season picks up, seasonal residents and homeowners are returning to Summit County. The census counts people where they live and sleep most of the time. If you are a seasonal homeowner or resident, we need your help to ensure an accurate and efficient count by responding to the 2020 Census for your seasonal home at 2020census.gov.
For any property you own but usually do not live or sleep at most of the time, follow the instructions below to minimize the need for a census taker to follow up.
1. Visit the link above.
2. Enter the Census ID or address for this secondary property
3. Enter “0” for the number of people living at this property
4. Hit Next, and when a “soft error” occurs, click Next again
5. Select “No” when asked to confirm no person lives at this property
6. Select primary reason – Seasonal (most likely)